Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA scripting

Could someone tell me how i would make a cell so when i put a figure (amount
needed of an item) in it, it will automatically copy the info from a row of
cells over to another sheet as well as multiplying one of those cells by the
figure i entered.
eg, after picking the items i need and the amount from one sheet i will end
up with and order form on another with the cost.
Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Your title suggests you want a VBA solution, which is probably your best
option. Programming is about detail, so you need to show us the layout of
the data and where you want it placed and which cell you want multiplied.
Sample data are from first sheet and for the second sheet would help clarify
things.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Pete" wrote:

Could someone tell me how i would make a cell so when i put a figure (amount
needed of an item) in it, it will automatically copy the info from a row of
cells over to another sheet as well as multiplying one of those cells by the
figure i entered.
eg, after picking the items i need and the amount from one sheet i will end
up with and order form on another with the cost.
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Shane.
I have a part number in cell B2 Description of part in C2 and the part
Price in D2. which is repeated down the columns. What i want to do is type in
the quantity of an item in cell A2 which would then transfer the data for
cells A2, B2, C2and D2. to another sheet. On this sheet i would then want the
price ( D2 muiltiplied by the quantity entered in A2. ) to be displayed in
another cell alongside the info that came over. The second sheet would be set
up as an invoice so it would need other information calculated such as sub
total GST etc which i could do later. I just need to know how to transfer
the info.
Pete