Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I can't see totals in status bar when I highlight cells

When using the Filter function, or when simply highlighting a range of
numeric cells, I don't see the row count or sum in the status bar at the
bottom. Previously when using filter, you would see 15 of 70 rows, or
something like that. Now I don't see anything.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a pile of numeric cell and then right-click the status bar and select
Sum (its at the bottom of the list)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200824

"Crnhskr" wrote:

When using the Filter function, or when simply highlighting a range of
numeric cells, I don't see the row count or sum in the status bar at the
bottom. Previously when using filter, you would see 15 of 70 rows, or
something like that. Now I don't see anything.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This feature does not always work. Also, VBA code can overwrite this area
with other content of blank.

But that feature is entirely different from the SUM and COUNT info, those
refer to any selected range and have nothing to do with the Filter.

For make sure your Status bar is displayed (2003) choose View, Status Bar.
In 2007 right click the Status bar and turn on the options you want. (this
won't effect the 15 or 70 records found message).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Crnhskr" wrote in message
When using the Filter function, or when simply highlighting a range of
numeric cells, I don't see the row count or sum in the status bar at the
bottom. Previously when using filter, you would see 15 of 70 rows, or
something like that. Now I don't see anything.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I had same problem

Then i realized that I am trying to add non numeric value...i.e, total count of X.. so i right click on status bar and changed sum to count and got this resolved. try this

Shane Devenshire wrote:

Hi,This feature does not always work.
07-Jan-09

Hi,

This feature does not always work. Also, VBA code can overwrite this area
with other content of blank.

But that feature is entirely different from the SUM and COUNT info, those
refer to any selected range and have nothing to do with the Filter.

For make sure your Status bar is displayed (2003) choose View, Status Bar.
In 2007 right click the Status bar and turn on the options you want. (this
won't effect the 15 or 70 records found message).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Crnhskr" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:27 PM
Crnhsk wrote:

I can't see totals in status bar when I highlight cells
When using the Filter function, or when simply highlighting a range of
numeric cells, I don't see the row count or sum in the status bar at the
bottom. Previously when using filter, you would see 15 of 70 rows, or
something like that. Now I don't see anything.

On Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:49 PM
GarysStuden wrote:

Select a pile of numeric cell and then right-click the status bar and select
Select a pile of numeric cell and then right-click the status bar and select
Sum (its at the bottom of the list)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200824

"Crnhskr" wrote:

On Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:05 PM
Shane Devenshire wrote:

Hi,This feature does not always work.
Hi,

This feature does not always work. Also, VBA code can overwrite this area
with other content of blank.

But that feature is entirely different from the SUM and COUNT info, those
refer to any selected range and have nothing to do with the Filter.

For make sure your Status bar is displayed (2003) choose View, Status Bar.
In 2007 right click the Status bar and turn on the options you want. (this
won't effect the 15 or 70 records found message).

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Crnhskr" wrote in message

SQL Server OLEDB DSNLess connection string sample
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...b-dsnless.aspx