Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Install excel xp (2002) add-in instructions don't work

I have searched multiple excel forums and professional excel user sites for
instruction to install an add-in. None of the instructions work. The most
recent from a pro said click toolsinsert then choose user defined, (UD), in
the paste function option. I use excel xp, aka 2002. When I click
toolsinsert, neither user defined or paste function appears. The only thing
displayed is a list of excel built in functions to choose from. Also read
other methods to install a UD function, none of which work. I saved a macro
as an add-in (xla file) and would like to install it. Example: I downloaded a
function in a zip file. When I unzipped the file it appeard on the add-in
list automatically. My add-in doesn't appear in the list but the original
macro does. My goal is to assign the add-in to a button. Can this be done?