Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default REach o fixed number from different combinations

I need to reach a number using different combinations from a number
of cells. For example cells filled in with numbers A:A100 and I need to know
how excel can identify the cells who can be sum to reach a fixed number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is well-ex[;ained in:

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/te...ues/index.html
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200824

"c_riss" wrote:

I need to reach a number using different combinations from a number
of cells. For example cells filled in with numbers A:A100 and I need to know
how excel can identify the cells who can be sum to reach a fixed number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can use the Solver tool, however, there are often multiple solutions to
this kind of problem and Solver only returns one result.

Consider
1
2
3
4
5
6
If the total I have is 7 what combination of numbers will give that result?
1+6
or
2+5
or