Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default All Possible Number Combinations

I have the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Looking for a formula that lists all possible four digit combinations for
the above five digits.

i.e.
0001
0002

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kate,

Yoe need to explain more clearly. You number set is 0,1,2,3,4 and you give
an examples of 0001 which uses the zero 3 times. Do you really mean this? If
so is 0000 a valid combination and if not why not? what are the rules?

Mike

"Kate" wrote:

I have the following numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Looking for a formula that lists all possible four digit combinations for
the above five digits.

i.e.
0001
0002

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In which case use the code below to produce the 303600 permutations

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22673

Mike