Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using formulas/macros in conjunction with drop down lists

I've created a matrix that shows documents that are linked to job-specific
training records. My goal is to allow general users to choose their job
function from a drop down list, and for the applicable documents to appear
based on what they choose and based on the matrix that I've created, which is
simply a cross-refererence spreadsheet. Is this possible in Excel???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe this is what you're looking for, or very similar

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"lcarpenter" wrote:

I've created a matrix that shows documents that are linked to job-specific
training records. My goal is to allow general users to choose their job
function from a drop down list, and for the applicable documents to appear
based on what they choose and based on the matrix that I've created, which is
simply a cross-refererence spreadsheet. Is this possible in Excel???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Luke -

Thank you for your fast response! I'll give this a shot and I'll get back
with you. Have a good day!

Lisa

"lcarpenter" wrote:

I've created a matrix that shows documents that are linked to job-specific
training records. My goal is to allow general users to choose their job
function from a drop down list, and for the applicable documents to appear
based on what they choose and based on the matrix that I've created, which is
simply a cross-refererence spreadsheet. Is this possible in Excel???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, I feel like I'm getting somewhere...I'm now able to choose a job
position from a drop down, and view the documents associated with that job
function in a second drop down list. Do you know of any way that I can make
those associated documents simply list on the screen so that they would all
print?

Thank you for your help!!

Lisa