Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect Sheet from Page Setup

Hi, I have a form that is distributed to others, and the sheet is protected
except for the cells that they have to make changes in. My problem is that
sometimes they change the margins on the sheet. Is there any way to protect
the page setup so that others cannot make changes?
Thank you for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
When you password protect your sheet , be sure that only the select unlocked
cell is check otherwise they will have acces to modify it

"Churley" wrote:

Hi, I have a form that is distributed to others, and the sheet is protected
except for the cells that they have to make changes in. My problem is that
sometimes they change the margins on the sheet. Is there any way to protect
the page setup so that others cannot make changes?
Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you.
I have tried this, but without success.
I noticed that even if the entire sheet is protected, changes can still be
made to the page setup.

"Churley" wrote:

Hi, I have a form that is distributed to others, and the sheet is protected
except for the cells that they have to make changes in. My problem is that
sometimes they change the margins on the sheet. Is there any way to protect
the page setup so that others cannot make changes?
Thank you for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think so.

If it's really important (and the user enables macros!), then you could add some
code in the workbook_before print that changes the print settings to what you
want.

But you may want to consider this. With all the printers that are available, I
wouldn't be surprised if changing the margins (on at least one printer) makes
the output prettier.

--

Dave Peterson