Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Why Find and Replace not working?

Hi,

I do not have any problem using Find and Replace to locate zeroes (0) in a
column most of the time.

I noticed that this is only working for cell that has the cell content 0.00
displayed at the formula bar.

For certain 0.00 cells the has the cell content displayed as
6.3664629124105E-12 or something similar at the formula bar, this function is
not working.

May I know why and how to overcome it?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Find and replace are working,

6.3664629124105E-12 is not zero

one way to solve it, use round funcion

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Mr. Low" escreveu:

Hi,

I do not have any problem using Find and Replace to locate zeroes (0) in a
column most of the time.

I noticed that this is only working for cell that has the cell content 0.00
displayed at the formula bar.

For certain 0.00 cells the has the cell content displayed as
6.3664629124105E-12 or something similar at the formula bar, this function is
not working.

May I know why and how to overcome it?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Because 6.3664629124105E-12 is a very small number (in scientific format)
but not 0!

Regards,
Stefi

Mr. Low ezt *rta:

Hi,

I do not have any problem using Find and Replace to locate zeroes (0) in a
column most of the time.

I noticed that this is only working for cell that has the cell content 0.00
displayed at the formula bar.

For certain 0.00 cells the has the cell content displayed as
6.3664629124105E-12 or something similar at the formula bar, this function is
not working.

May I know why and how to overcome it?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Low

--
A36B58K641

"Mr. Low" escreveu:

Hi,

I do not have any problem using Find and Replace to locate zeroes (0) in a
column most of the time.

I noticed that this is only working for cell that has the cell content 0.00
displayed at the formula bar.

For certain 0.00 cells the has the cell content displayed as
6.3664629124105E-12 or something similar at the formula bar, this function is
not working.

May I know why and how to overcome it?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stefi,

Thanks for your explanation.

Now I understand better.

Best Regards

Low

--

A36B58K641

"Stefi" wrote:

Because 6.3664629124105E-12 is a very small number (in scientific format)
but not 0!

Regards,
Stefi

Mr. Low ezt *rta:

Hi,

I do not have any problem using Find and Replace to locate zeroes (0) in a
column most of the time.

I noticed that this is only working for cell that has the cell content 0.00
displayed at the formula bar.

For certain 0.00 cells the has the cell content displayed as
6.3664629124105E-12 or something similar at the formula bar, this function is
not working.

May I know why and how to overcome it?

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are very welcome, thanks for the feedback.

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Marcelo