Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel converted numbers to dates suddenly in All Sheets!!!!

Hello

I saved a file which includes records in Number Formats. Then I closed it.
Next time when I opened the file All Numbers were changed to Date Format.
{God!!!!!!} Why did this happens? How can I make the changes back?
Some of the Cells must be in Text format and some in Date format and some
in Number format That is why I can't select the whole spreadsheet and make
change format to Numbers. Do I have to change each cell format manually.

My Excel is 2007 but my freinds also with 2003 had similar problem. This was
the first time I saw this.

Thanks
BHR
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My guess is that there won't be a way of converting them all back if they
started off in different formats.

As to why it happened, my guess is that you've got a macro that did it.
--
David Biddulph

"Bahareh" wrote in message
Hello

I saved a file which includes records in Number Formats. Then I closed it.
Next time when I opened the file All Numbers were changed to Date Format.
{God!!!!!!} Why did this happens? How can I make the changes back?
Some of the Cells must be in Text format and some in Date format and some
in Number format That is why I can't select the whole spreadsheet and make
change format to Numbers. Do I have to change each cell format manually.

My Excel is 2007 but my freinds also with 2003 had similar problem. This
was
the first time I saw this.

Thanks
BHR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Simple solution is to get your backup file.

cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bahareh" wrote in message
Hello

I saved a file which includes records in Number Formats. Then I closed it.
Next time when I opened the file All Numbers were changed to Date Format.
{God!!!!!!} Why did this happens? How can I make the changes back?
Some of the Cells must be in Text format and some in Date format and some
in Number format That is why I can't select the whole spreadsheet and make
change format to Numbers. Do I have to change each cell format manually.

My Excel is 2007 but my freinds also with 2003 had similar problem. This
was
the first time I saw this.

Thanks
BHR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shane

I pushed "Yes" button. Made me laugh to this disaster bug instead of anger.
you deserved it.
I had done it before. But what if I didn't have the back up? Opps!

David, I have no micro on my file. That's why so strange.

Thank Both for your care
BHR