Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read 120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now 1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please
--
Ian D Anderson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools - Options...
Choose the Edit tab and clear the *Fixed Decimal* option

Steve

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:17:02 +0100, Andy
wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read
120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now
1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andy

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck the option at "Fixed Decimal Places"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 01:17:02 -0700, Andy wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read 120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now 1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just asking...
Did you see my reply
I ask because I want to check that my new server is propagating correctly.
It's not the first time that I've seen posts several hours after mine that
have *exactly* the same answer
hate to think my posts get through and are missed :)

Steve

wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read
120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now
1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi steve,

Yes thanks,

I was out and off line for about 18 hours. Many thanks for the tip! I do
still have another problem which I'll post later once typed.

Thanks Steve.
--
Ian D Anderson