-   -   Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/116510-cell-format-has-suddenly-changed-all-new-spread-sheets.html)

Andy

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read 120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now 1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please
--
Ian D Anderson

SteveW

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

Tools - Options...
Choose the Edit tab and clear the *Fixed Decimal* option

Steve

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:17:02 +0100, Andy
wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read
120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now
1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Gord Dibben

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

Andy

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck the option at "Fixed Decimal Places"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 01:17:02 -0700, Andy wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read 120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now 1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

SteveW

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

Just asking...
Did you see my reply
I ask because I want to check that my new server is propagating correctly.
It's not the first time that I've seen posts several hours after mine that
have *exactly* the same answer
hate to think my posts get through and are missed :)

Steve

wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read
120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now
1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Andy

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

Hi steve,

Yes thanks,

I was out and off line for about 18 hours. Many thanks for the tip! I do
still have another problem which I'll post later once typed.

Thanks Steve.
--
Ian D Anderson

wrote:

When I used to entre a number in my spread sheets as 120 it would read
120.
now it reads 1.2 and the same for any other numbers I enter. 150 is now
1.5
etc.
I cant understand how this has suddely changed. I've tried the format
options but I cant stop this happening. Any ideas please

Andy

Cell format has suddenly changed in all new spread sheets

Many thanks for your reply!
--
Ian D Anderson