Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Row Height Keeps Changing

I have a spreadsheet in a workbook. To the right of the spreadsheet is a
pivot table summing up all the data on the spreadsheet. The problem is my row
heights on the spreadsheet are manually set at 18. However, when I open the
workbook, it changes the row heights of the first 10 cells, which are the
cells made by the pivot table, making them too small to be able to read the
data in the spreadsheet. As the month gets longer and more data for the month
is entered into the spreadsheet, the pivot table will get to be much longer
and then all the lines on the spreadsheet will be much smaller than I want.

I have tried everything to keep the rows the height of 18, and nothing
works. I have been unable to find a person with this 2007 problem online so I
would appreciate any help I can get to this problem.

Thanks, JL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Certain areas of the pivot table automatically resize (mainly column widths,
but also some row heights). The only way to prevent this is to 1. Not
refresh the pivot table (in your case "on open"), or 2. to add text to the
row of the pivot table which is best fitting down to make it taller.

the problem seem to effect only the column labels area of the pivot table.
Here is what I did - I had a two line title in the top left corner of the
pivot table which read Thousand Metric Tons. So I edited the title placing
the coursor after Thousand and pressing Alt Enter, then putting it after
Metric and repeating the Alt+Enter - this made a three line title.
Alternatively you could change to font size in this area of the pivot table.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire