Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default splitting numbers

Hi, I need help with splitting numbers. I got the numbers in excel in each cell like this:
A1: 0000 02 1.884308
A2: 6 02 1.092346
and need to put each number in a cell like:
A1: 0000 B1:02 C1: 1.884308
A2: 6 B2:02 C2: 1.092346

if someone can help me it would be great because i have a lots of data to split in three columns. thanks

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:56:45 -0800, miki peric wrote:

A1: 0000 02 1.884308
A2: 6 02 1.092346

Try using "Text to Columns" and specify that your data are delimited
by Space and Treat consecutive delimiters as one.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:01:58 GMT, Lars-Åke Aspelin
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:56:45 -0800, miki peric wrote:

A1: 0000 02 1.884308
A2: 6 02 1.092346

Try using "Text to Columns" and specify that your data are delimited
by Space and Treat consecutive delimiters as one.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

And here comes a link to a description on how to do it
http://www.worldstart.com/tips/tips.php/1153

Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:56:45 -0800, miki peric wrote:

Hi, I need help with splitting numbers. I got the numbers in excel in each cell like this:
A1: 0000 02 1.884308
A2: 6 02 1.092346
and need to put each number in a cell like:
A1: 0000 B1:02 C1: 1.884308
A2: 6 B2:02 C2: 1.092346

if someone can help me it would be great because i have a lots of data to split in three columns. thanks

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Select A1:A2

Select Data/Text-to-columns
Delimited