Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stock program

i want to program an excel doing that For Example if I have a 5 as an amount
of something I need to automaticallu reduced when I entrr data like bill no.
or bill date in a blank cell as an example:
A B C D E
1 amount sell date Bill no sell date Bill no
2 5
3
4
5
as we see I want if I fill the Empty Blank like the following to
autmatically reduce the amont
A B C D E
1 amount sell date Bill no sell date Bill no
2 5 4/1 0030
3
4
5
So Whwnever I enter any data in the blank cell in B2 or C2 or D2 or E2
automatically reduces 5 to 4
I hope you got what I want I'm using Excel 2003 Thanks For All
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mohammed

I assume you meant B3:E3 as you have a header in row 1
One way
=IF(COUNTA(B3:E3)0,A2-1,"")

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Mohamed" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Mohamed" wrote in message
[...]

Hello Roger I don't think that you understand what I want So I will repeat it in another way

A B C D E
1 amount sell date Bill no sell date Bill no
2 5
3
4
5

A1 is an amount of something and B1&C1 is when this something going out of
store so I need when I write any information in either of B1 or C1 like the
date which I Selled this something to Automatically make A1=A1-1 like this
result

A B C D E
1 amount sell date Bill no sell date Bill no
2 4 5/1
3
4
5

Notice that B1 was a blank cell when I enter my info in it A1 reduced by 1
Automatically So is what I need I hope you got me and thanks anyway
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mohammed

The starting amount has to be on a row above the formula
A B C D E
1 amount sell date Bill no sell date Bill no
2 5
3 4 4/1
4
5

Row 2 would just have the starting value. There would be no other data on
that row.
In cell A3 would be the formula
=IF(COUNTA(B3:E3)0,A2-1,"")
which would change the value in the cell from 5 to 4 as soon as you entered
data in any of cells B3:E3
--
Regards
Roger Govier