Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Columna to Rows Formula

I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,

I entered the formula and the cell returns #NAME?

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try
=INDEX(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$"&CHAR(61+ROW())&"$5:$"&C HAR(61+ROW())&"$59"),COLUMN())

in A6 (on Sheet2) and copy down and across

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Works perfectly down to row 30 then 30-35 is #REF!
then row 36 is 00000 whiich is ok
then row 37 is colum headings
then row38-60 repeats data from sheet1
then row 62-194 is #REF!
then row 195-250 is #VALUE!

I have currently input transactions into sheet1 Column C,D,F but will enter
a few hundred transactions this week. Thus sheet2 row 6,7,8 should show the
three transaction, which it does, but all other rows should show 0's

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did not think beyond column Z..

Try
=INDEX(INDIRECT("Sheet1!R5C"&(ROW()-3)&":R59C"&(ROW()-3),FALSE),COLUMN())

This should work for all...

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheeloo,

Works Perfect. But, I can't filter sort the data in the table. I think it
is because of the INDIRECT in the formula???

Thanks, Mike

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are partially right...
Since the formula is based on Row() sorting will not have any impact.
Indirect just passes the string as an address to Index...

You can copy and paste special as values if you want to sort but then
updates in Sheet1 won't carry over.

Filter should work...

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())

and copy across,

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Mike" wrote in message
I have entered transactions in columns in Sheet1 and need to set up
formulas
in Sheet2 to bring that data into Rows in order to set up a table for
filtering and sorting.
Example: Sheet1 the transactions are entered as folllows:
C5:C59, D5:D59, E5:E59 and so on...

I want those transactions to go into Sheet2, beggining at A6, in rows as
follows:
A6:BC6 would be Sheet1 C5:C59
A7:BC7 would be Sheet1 D5:D59
A8:BC8 would be Sheet1 E5:E59
and so on...

Special formulas???

Your help is appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much!!!

I will copy and special paste values & number formats as reports are
required. I was hoping there was a way to sort without doing that.

Thanks, Mike

"Mike" wrote:

Bob,
Actually the formula returns the first transaction in sheet1 column C in
sheet2 Row 6 down to row 250 in the table???

Mike

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

For A6

=INDEX(Sheet1!$C$5:$C$59,COLUMN())