Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format AutoFit

I have merged two cells (columns), in an area of my worksheet (the area
contains 13 rows) I set the row heights of all 13 to AutoFit. When I type
in the cell it expands and I can see all the lines of print - but as soon as
I press enter the cell goes back to its original height and only one line of
print is visable - Is there a way to make the expanded cell stay expanded
when I move on to the next line???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure when you say, You set the height to all 13 rows as
autofit. Did you manually set the height to some value so that it
looks autofit or you went to formatrowAutofit. If you did do the
second option, then it should work and it should be always autofit and
make you all the rows visible with any and all values typed inside the
cell. May be you can also check the format of all cells to see if the
checkbox "Wrap Text" is checked...

I hope this helps...

Selva V Pasupathy
For more on VBA, Excel, & other Programming
Please visit http://socko.wordpress.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Welcome to the wonderful world of merged cells which cause no end of
problems and should be banned from existence.

If cells are merged. the row will not autofit even with wrap text enabled
without using VBA

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap
in the URL which is all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP