Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sol Sol is offline

Default put each record on a new sheet

I have one sheet with 5000 records. I would like to break up the worksheet so
that each record will be on its own sheet with a name from one of the cells
in that record. Is it possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

5000 rows of data on a single sheet can be handled easily in Excel.

I doubt you could even open a workbook with 5000 sheets in it.
That's about the limit allowed before Excel refuses to cooperate.
5000 separate workbooks sounds even less attractive.
I suspect there is an alternative depending on exactly what you need/want.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"sol"