-   -   put each record on a new sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215071-put-each-record-new-sheet.html)

Sol

put each record on a new sheet

I have one sheet with 5000 records. I would like to break up the worksheet so
that each record will be on its own sheet with a name from one of the cells
in that record. Is it possible?

Jim Cone[_2_]

put each record on a new sheet

5000 rows of data on a single sheet can be handled easily in Excel.

I doubt you could even open a workbook with 5000 sheets in it.
That's about the limit allowed before Excel refuses to cooperate.
5000 separate workbooks sounds even less attractive.
I suspect there is an alternative depending on exactly what you need/want.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"sol"

wrote in message
I have one sheet with 5000 records. I would like to break up the worksheet so
that each record will be on its own sheet with a name from one of the cells
in that record. Is it possible?

Sol

put each record on a new sheet

you are right. I will have to think about it.