Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Query

Hello all,

I have an Excel file that retrieves the data from an Access database via
query. As you all know, once a query is created, a define name is created as
well. The problem that I am having is I don't know how to delete the query.

For example, I created a query with the define name called "Query A".
Somehow, I messed up on the query. So I want to create a new one with the
same define name "Query A". Then I deleted the define name "Query A". When
I recreate the query, it tells me that there is a query created with the same
name.

Please help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
right click anywhere within the query range. from the popup, click data
range properties. when the property dialog pops up, at the top, uncheck "save
query definition". you will get a popup warning you that this will
perminently remove the query from the sheet. click ok on the popup then click
ok on the property dialog,
query gone. data will remain. delete data.
Regards
FSt1

"AccessHelp" wrote:

Hello all,

I have an Excel file that retrieves the data from an Access database via
query. As you all know, once a query is created, a define name is created as
well. The problem that I am having is I don't know how to delete the query.

For example, I created a query with the define name called "Query A".
Somehow, I messed up on the query. So I want to create a new one with the
same define name "Query A". Then I deleted the define name "Query A". When
I recreate the query, it tells me that there is a query created with the same
name.

Please help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi FSt1,

Thanks for the information. I have one more question.

I have deleted the define name for that query. Now if I right-click on the
query range, I am not getting the option "Data Range Properties". In that
situation, how can I delete that query?

Thanks. Happy New Year!