Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create 365 labels for 2009??

Office 2003 Second post. Also posted in Office 2003: General.
The first post was apparently replied to but cannot be read-- "Community
Message not Available". In addition, the link in the email notification sent
to my addy would not connect to the website. What the heck is going on?
This website used to be superb.

Here's my project: Each year at this time I hand write the day, month, date
and year at the top of the page on 12 legal pads-- one for each day of the
new year for a total of hand writing a heading 365 times !! This year I
thought I would save time by creating labels through either Excel or Word but
I cannot find a template. As per usual, the time to get this set up has
exceeded the time it would have taken to hand write the headings but now I
cannot let it go.

So this is my question: How do I create 365 labels for
each day of 2009 using the example, label one = "Monday, January 4, 2009",
label two = "Tuesday, January 5, 2009", etc.... ??? It seems like Excel
would be a good place to create the thing and then convert it to Word Labels
in order to print.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a website that lists the days of the year
(even greater joy if it lists federal & religious holidays), I suppose I
could Copy Paste Search Replace until I got a comma-quote delineated
thingy and then convert that to labels using Word.

I thank you in advance for responding with help & suggestions. I hope I can
read your message. LOL Either way, Happy New Year !!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't use a faulty website when you should be using the newsgroup directly.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171190
--
David Biddulph

"callmark1" wrote in message
Office 2003 Second post. Also posted in Office 2003: General.
The first post was apparently replied to but cannot be read-- "Community
Message not Available". In addition, the link in the email notification
sent
to my addy would not connect to the website. What the heck is going on?
This website used to be superb.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do this is Word. Google with something like "Microsoft Word numbered labels"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"callmark1" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

this would be best solved using Word's Mail Merge feature. The list is easy
to create in Excel - just enter 1/1/2009 in A1 and format it as DDDD, MMMM
D, YYYY and then fill down.

Either put it in Word or leave it in Excel and do a Word mail merge. The
best place for details on that topic is the Word newsgroups, but the command
in Word is Tools, Letters & Mailings, Mail Merge and then follow the wizard.

If this helps, click the Yes button

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire