Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate Numers / Text (Special)

- I need to concatenate three cells each containing specific info:
1st cell is a letter (ie. "A", "B", etc.)
2nd & 3rd Cells are two digit numbers (ie. 01, 02....10,11)-(format is
custom 00)

I need the combination to concatenate and show as follows:

A0105, B1106, H0209, etc.

Please help, I am beginning to think that this is an impossible task.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=a1&text(b1,"00")&text(c1,"00")

or you could do the arithmetic first:

=a1&text((b1*100)+c1,"0000")