Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fix this Forum

This area (and probably others) has been hosed for a couple of days - one
minute you'll see the content of a posting, and later you'll get a message
that the content is not available. Sometimes you start right off with the
"message unavailable" entry.

Right now, when I view without logging in, I can entries for 24 DEC, but
once I log into the board, I cannot see any 24 Dec entries, only up to 23 Dec.

Can we get it fixed - and can we get a FAST way to notify someone when this
forum is hosed up? Hard to assist people with a broken tool.

JLatham
MVP, Excel Group [at least for a couple more days ;)]

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Better with an h at the beginning :-)

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
David Biddulph

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
I don't know what you are using but I like this.

Setting up Outlook Express/Windows Mail to access Microsoft
newsgroups
ttp://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

"JLatham" <HelpFrom @ Jlathamsite.com.(removethis) wrote in message
This area (and probably others) has been hosed for a couple of days - one
minute you'll see the content of a posting, and later you'll get a
message
that the content is not available. Sometimes you start right off with
the
"message unavailable" entry.

Right now, when I view without logging in, I can entries for 24 DEC, but
once I log into the board, I cannot see any 24 Dec entries, only up to 23
Dec.

Can we get it fixed - and can we get a FAST way to notify someone when
this
forum is hosed up? Hard to assist people with a broken tool.

JLatham
MVP, Excel Group [at least for a couple more days ;)]

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Microsoft's Very own IE7

I generally use IE 7 since I don't have OE on all systems I visit this board
on.

It's too odd - earlier I received notification that you (and David) had
responded to my post and when I got here, the damned "Community Message is
Not Available" (or words to that effect) message was again shown instead of
all of the thread. I just retried from same machine, same browser and now
it's all being displayed.

Earlier today it wouldn't show me any postings for the 23rd and only a few
(at one point, only 1) from the 24th. It's been acting this way for 2 or 3
days now. Very frustrating to try to help someone and not be able to because
of wimp-strength tools.

Thanks to both you and Dave for the OE setup link, much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Microsoft web interface to the NNTP newsgroups has always pretty well
sucked. Not easy to use effectively, messages not seen or not threaded
properly. All this "If it's helpful, click Yes" junk. Once in a while I try
it again, and always quit after a few posts.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.