Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 3-D References

my workbook contains 13 sheets - 1 for each month of the year + a summary
sheet. Each sheet has 21 line items which contain a Total$Spent cell. I need
to take the value in the Total$Spent cell for each month and add them to
arrive at a Y-T-D total for each line item on the summary sheet.

Can you tell me how to build this formula?
--
Regards ~ tates
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi tates,

Something like this should get you there.

=SUM(Sheet1!A2,Sheet12!A2)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"tates" wrote in message
my workbook contains 13 sheets - 1 for each month of the year + a summary
sheet. Each sheet has 21 line items which contain a Total$Spent cell. I
need
to take the value in the Total$Spent cell for each month and add them to
arrive at a Y-T-D total for each line item on the summary sheet.

Can you tell me how to build this formula?
--
Regards ~ tates

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In you summary sheet enter "=sum(" (no quotes)
Select the cell that should be summed ( in the summary sheet)
Then click on the tab of the first sheet to sum
While pressing the shift button select the last sheet's tab
Type the closing parenthesis in your formula

Should look like =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!G12)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*_Membership_is_free_* & allows file upload -faster and better answers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=43854