Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sumif depending on format

Hi,

I would like to sum the cells in one column that have a differente format
from the others (red background, say).

How do I use the "sumif" fonction but with formats i. o. values?
Many thanks in advance.

Luis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Generally, you won't be able to do that.

However, if that red background is applied through conditional
formatting, then you could have a formula which makes use of that
condition and counts (or sums) accordingly. If this is the case, then
give us some details about your sheet(s).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 23, 9:43*am, luiss wrote:
Hi,

I would like to sum the cells in one column that have a differente format
from the others (red background, say).

How do I use the "sumif" fonction but with formats i. o. values?
Many thanks in advance.

Luis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Luis - check out this link here for sum and count based on the fill
colour of a cell...

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/sum-count-cells-by-color.htm

Muppet Man.