Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Values only without Paste Special

Hi,

I need to copy either values only or such values so that once these cells
are linked another cell, I don't get an error report. Please follow the
following link for more information.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1942219

your help is greately appreciated.

Thanks,
karl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

I need to copy either values only or such values so that once these cells
are linked another cell, I don't get an error report.

I don't have xl07. Maybe all you need here
is to be familiar with ways to trap errors using IF,
eg:

=IF(ISNA(<yourformula or cell ref),"",<yourformula or cell ref)
traps #N/A errors, returns formula blanks: ""
(adapt the "" to suit the desired return for the trap)

=IF(ISERROR(<yourformula or cell ref),"",<yourformula or cell ref)
traps all errors, returns formula blanks: ""
(adapt to suit desired return)
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Karl,
It's better that you always try describing your query in plain text, post
your formula, sample data, expected results etc rather than just point
potential responders to your file, and expect them to do all the work.
Believe me, this is also a helpful response.
--
"karl" wrote:
Hi Max, unfortunately that does not work on this one. i have entered the
97-03 version here http://www.savefile.com/files/1942282

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Max,

The thing is, I don't know how to describe it and I'll try it here
1. I enter feets, inches and fractions in cells D6, E6 and F6 respectively.
2. I sum them up in cell H6 in inches. I multiply feets by 12 and add inch
and fraction cells.
3. I apply 'trim corrections', meaning if value entered in k4 is positive or
negative, I add the numbers to the H6 value from negative or positive sheets
using formula =IF(K40,H6+positive!B20,H6+negative!B15)
4. I then split this cell I6 into feets and inches by dividing the number by
12 and subtracting the Integer value and enter it in cell L6 and feets in
cell M6.
5. I then use these values to look up gross barrel amounts from sheet called
Ullage and corresponding Gross barrel amount is entered in cell G6.
6. The problem starts with the inch values with a formula (m6).
7. I did not know what the errors were caused by so I created cells for
feets and inches (N6 and O6 respectively). and noticed that the problem is
not with feets but with inches. and here's where I'm lost. I don't know what
causes G6 (gross barrels) to return the error value when M6 or O6 has any
kind of formula in it. and does not return error when the value in these
cells (either) are just entered manually.

I hope this was helpful.

Thank you

"karl" wrote:
Hi Max, unfortunately that does not work on this one. i have entered the
97-03 version here http://www.savefile.com/files/1942282

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline