Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Working with XL and another not related application

I work with xl and another non related application at the same time ( 2
windows)
I need to see the last cell I left on xl when changing to the 2nd
application and
of course what happens is that when I do the swithching , that application
becomes 'active' and Xl will be the 'inactive window.'
Is there any way in earth, that I could still see the last cell I was working
on xl before becoming inactive.
THANKS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set the fill color of the active cell to something bright - like yellow,
before selecting the other app.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200821

"Excelfan" wrote:

I work with xl and another non related application at the same time ( 2
windows)
I need to see the last cell I left on xl when changing to the 2nd
application and
of course what happens is that when I do the swithching , that application
becomes 'active' and Xl will be the 'inactive window.'
Is there any way in earth, that I could still see the last cell I was working
on xl before becoming inactive.
THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Gary, that will be a solution, but the cell is different everytime,
I'm sure
the color will go with the active cell , but how?, formula, macro?
THANKS

"Excelfan" wrote:

I work with xl and another non related application at the same time ( 2
windows)
I need to see the last cell I left on xl when changing to the 2nd
application and
of course what happens is that when I do the swithching , that application
becomes 'active' and Xl will be the 'inactive window.'
Is there any way in earth, that I could still see the last cell I was working
on xl before becoming inactive.
THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Static OldCell As Range
If Application.CutCopyMode = 0 Then
If Not OldCell Is Nothing Then
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
End If
Set OldCell = Target
OldCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlContinuous
Else
If OldCell Is Nothing Then
Set OldCell = Target
Else
Set OldCell = Union(OldCell, Target)

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the code into that sheet module.

Whichever cell you select will be high-lighted in yellow.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Excelfan" wrote:

I work with xl and another non related application at the same time ( 2
windows)
I need to see the last cell I left on xl when changing to the 2nd
application and
of course what happens is that when I do the swithching , that application
becomes 'active' and Xl will be the 'inactive window.'
Is there any way in earth, that I could still see the last cell I was working
on xl before becoming inactive.
THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cell borders are included in the code but you won't see them while the cell
is selected so don't know why I added that bit.

Probably left over from something else.

Delete those two lines and you will see the default dark cell outline.

OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
OldCell.Borders.LineStyle = xlContinuous

Gord