Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Application.Volatile Not Working Timely

I have inserted the
Application.Volatile
in my code for a custom formula as follows:

Public Function MyFormula(ARRAY1, ARRAY2, ARRAY3, sSTRING)
MyFormula = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate( _
"SUMPRODUCT(--(" & ARRAY1.Address & "=""" & sSTRING & """),--(" & _
ARRAY2.Address & "0)," & ARRAY3.Address & ")")
Application.Volatile
End Function

However, when I change a cell involved in any array the result is not
updated unless I make some OTHER change?

How to make a timely change so that when, for example, I change value of a
cell in ARRAY3 the result of the formula updates itself, instead of making
some other change in the workbook or pressing F9.

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming that ARRAY1 etc are ranges in a worksheet, there is no need for
Application.Volatile, it will update when any of those ranges or any
precedent range changes, which is what you want.

But why bother, why not use a ws function.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
I have inserted the
Application.Volatile
in my code for a custom formula as follows:

Public Function MyFormula(ARRAY1, ARRAY2, ARRAY3, sSTRING)
MyFormula = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate( _
"SUMPRODUCT(--(" & ARRAY1.Address & "=""" & sSTRING & """),--(" & _
ARRAY2.Address & "0)," & ARRAY3.Address & ")")
Application.Volatile
End Function

However, when I change a cell involved in any array the result is not
updated unless I make some OTHER change?

How to make a timely change so that when, for example, I change value of a
cell in ARRAY3 the result of the formula updates itself, instead of making
some other change in the workbook or pressing F9.

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It was actually for a very lengthy formula that I want to customize and
shorten down. But I don't understand why the same code is now working quite
properly?

May be due to some other heavy formulas?

Thanx anyway for the advice regarding there is no need for