Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically import multiple named-ranges from Excel to Access

Greetings,

I have named-ranges in multiple Excel 2003 workbooks located in a
single directory. The named range that I want to access in each
workgroup is identical. For example, cells $A$4:$R199 are named
'HOUR12' in each workbook on identically named worksheets, '12H'. I
would like to import all of the named ranges, 'HOUR12', into an
existing Access 2003 table. BTW, the headers are identical.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this automatically?

Thanks kindly.

Joseph
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Dec 19, 7:07*pm, smartin wrote:
wrote:
Greetings,

I have named-ranges in multiple Excel 2003 workbooks located in a
single directory. The named range that I want to access in each
workgroup is identical. For example, cells $A$4:$R199 are named
'HOUR12' in each workbook on identically named worksheets, '12H'. I
would like to import all of the named ranges, 'HOUR12', into an
existing Access 2003 table. BTW, the headers are identical.

Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this automatically?

Thanks kindly.

Hi Joseph,

This is an Access task, not an Excel task, so you might get better
answers in an Access group.

The general idea I think would be to write a VBA procedure that loops
through the subject XLS files and uses something like the
DoCmd.TransferDatabase method to link into the files and append the
range data to your table.

Good luck!

Of course. You're completely right. I've had such great success
receiving working answers in the Excel group for many years and I did
not stop to consider that the question is really an Access question.

Cheers,
Joseph