Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Workday Problem

I am trying to use a receipt date and add to that, a number of days into the
future, and have excel provide me with that date using only workdays and not
holidays or weekends. I consider the receipt date as already 1 day old. So I
am using the following calculation:

=WORKDAY(A7,3,Holidays!$A$1:$A$70)-1

It works fine unless the holiday lands on a Monday.
example: If I have a receipt date of 1/14/09 and I want to add 3 days to
that the result is 1/19/09 which is a date in my holiday list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lee C" wrote in message
Thank You !! Just what I needed

"T. Valko" wrote:

If you consider the reference date as day 1 then instead of subtracting 1
from the end date subtract 1 from the reference date:

=WORKDAY(A7-1,3,Holidays!$A$1:$A$70)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP