Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I find external data query name

Hi -
I have a worksheet that imports external data from SQL Server. The SQL
Server has several Views that are used to populate the different worksheets
on the workbook. How can I identify the View name for a particular tab?
Simply put, I'm trying to identify the source code for external data.
Regards - Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
how is the data being imported? MS query?
right click the query data range, then click properties. the name of the xl
query will be at the top. not sure if that is what your are after or not.
right click the data range again, then click edit query.
click throught the wizard to the finish dialog. check view data or edit with
MS qery.
then click ok. when MSQ dialog comes up, it should dispay the tables(view?)
that the data is comeing from. you can also click on SQL button to see the
SQL.
if ADO, open the vb editor and read throught the code. it should have a line
referencing the SQL Tables.

Regards
FSt1