Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i make sheet tabs look veritical - again

Hi Gord
I just can't get the Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra
Dalgleish's site to work
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Using 2007 instructions
Would there be something you can think of that I'm not doing correctly

I'm missing the Sheet Navigator commands
1. The Sheet Navigator commands should appear at the far right of
the Home tab on the Ribbon..
2. Click the Select a Sheet command, to view a list of sheets in
the active workbook.
3. From the dropdown list, select a sheet, and that sheet will be
activated.

I also didn't use Ron de Bruin's Modify the XML to Add the Buttons
code as I didn't know what I was doing
--
Martin
©¿©¬

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:46:34 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

This cannot be done.

Right-click on one of the sheet navigation arrows to get a 15 sheet listing
and "more".

Another option................................

You can build a Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra Dalgleish's
site. Sorts as well as navigates.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:48:00 -0800, Raks <Raks @discussions.microsoft.com
wrote:

I have added many sheets in single workbook, how can i mahe the sheet tabs
veritical as i want them to appear on single screen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried downloading the sample workbook to see if opening that gives
you what you want?

I don't use 2007 so can't test the instructions for that.

Works fine for me in 2003.

I prefer Bob Phillips' browsesheets routine in any case.

No extra toolbar floating around, just a button on an existing toolbar or a
shortcut key combo.

Gord

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:14:26 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

Hi Gord
I just can't get the Navigation Toolbar as per Dave's code on Debra
Dalgleish's site to work
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Using 2007 instructions
Would there be something you can think of that I'm not doing correctly

I'm missing the Sheet Navigator commands
1. The Sheet Navigator commands should appear at the far right of
the Home tab on the Ribbon..
2. Click the Select a Sheet command, to view a list of sheets in
the active workbook.
3. From the dropdown list, select a sheet, and that sheet will be
activated.

I also didn't use Ron de Bruin's Modify the XML to Add the Buttons
code as I didn't know what I was doing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:28:38 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca
wrote:

Have you tried downloading the sample workbook to see if opening that gives
you what you want?

Tried that, but it wouldn't open

I don't use 2007 so can't test the instructions for that.

Works fine for me in 2003.

I prefer Bob Phillips' browsesheets routine in any case.

Where do I find this & how do I use it?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you un-zip the downloaded file before trying to open it?

I posted the link to Bob's macro in my first reply to you.

Or see this google search thread for the BrowseSheets macro from Bob
Phillips.

http://tinyurl.com/yoa3dw

See the code and comments under my name in that thread.

To use it, copy and paste it into a general module in your workbook or
Personal.xls.

Assign the macro to a button or shortcut key.

Gord

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 12:14:22 +0000, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

Have you tried downloading the sample workbook to see if opening that gives
you what you want?

Tried that, but it wouldn't open

I don't use 2007 so can't test the instructions for that.

Works fine for me in 2003.

I prefer Bob Phillips' browsesheets routine in any case.

Where do I find this & how do I use it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gord, I feeling my way here as this is all new to me
I'm not making much headway or really know what I'm doing and I'm
wondering if it's worth it.
The idea sounded good, but I'm not gonna bother any more

Thanks for your help
--
Martin
©¿©¬