Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Is there anything that will copy previous entry multiple times?

In other words I have a spreadsheet with 6000 some rows. The 1st column
either has a value or is blank. If it is blank I want it to fill in the one
above. I know about some keystrokes but that would take too long. Is there
something quicker I could create? Or is there a way to do this in Access?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this short macro:

Sub stacy()
n = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To n
If IsEmpty(Cells(i, 1)) Then
Cells(i, 1).FillDown
End If
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200821

"stacey" wrote:

In other words I have a spreadsheet with 6000 some rows. The 1st column
either has a value or is blank. If it is blank I want it to fill in the one
above. I know about some keystrokes but that would take too long. Is there
something quicker I could create? Or is there a way to do this in Access?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know about some keystrokes but that would take too long.

Is 30 seconds too long?

Select the range in question
Hit function key F5
Click: SpecialBlanksOK
Type the = sign
Press the "up" directional arrow
Hold down the CTRL key then hit ENTER

The blanks have been filled. With practice this could probably be done in
<10 seconds.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP