Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 'move or copy' a single worksheet multiple times

In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the option of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all at
once?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: 'move or copy' a single worksheet multiple times

Yes, it is possible to copy a single worksheet multiple times using the 'move or copy' option in Microsoft Excel 2003. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open the workbook containing the worksheet you want to copy.
  2. Right-click on the worksheet tab and select 'Move or Copy' from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the 'Move or Copy' dialog box, select the worksheet you want to copy from the 'To book' drop-down menu.
  4. Check the 'Create a copy' checkbox at the bottom left corner of the dialog box.
  5. Select the location where you want to copy the worksheet to by clicking on the sheet name in the 'Before sheet' list.
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 for each additional copy of the worksheet you want to make.
  7. Click 'OK' to copy the worksheet(s) to the selected location(s).

You can repeat steps 3-5 as many times as you need to create multiple copies of the same worksheet. This can be a time-saving technique if you need to create multiple worksheets with the same layout or data.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, but if you make a copy once then you can select both those sheets and
right click and now you will get 4 copies and next time 8 and so on. So the
answer is no, not by using anything built in except for VBA

Peo Sjoblom

"DebC" wrote in message
In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the option
of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An easier way to copy a sheet is to hold down the control key and drag the
sheet (or sheets). When you do this you will see a + sign while dragging
indicateing you are copying the sheet. Doing this it does not take long to
get a fairly substantial number of copies.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DebC" wrote in message
In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the option
of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Manually......................

Copy once then select both sheets and copy again then select the 4 sheets
and copy again

Via VBA....................

Asign this macro to button or shortcut key combo.

Sub SheetCopy()
Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo endit
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
shts = InputBox("How many times", , 3) '3 is default
For i = 1 To shts
ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveSheet
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
endit:
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:48:07 -0700, DebC
wrote:

In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the option of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have done that at times but I really don't think it is easier
than selecting a group of sheets and then right click.
It's handy when you want to move a sheet a few steps (without using the ctrl
key)
but I feel like I have less control.

Peo Sjoblom

"DebC" wrote in message
In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the
option
of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all
at
once?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to help

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

wrote:

In Office 2003, when I right click a tab in a workbook and get the option of
'move or copy' is it possible to 'copy' a worksheet multiple times all at
once?

Big Big is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Gord Dibben;729127]

Via VBA....................

Asign this macro to button or shortcut key combo.

Sub SheetCopy()
Dim i As Long
On Error GoTo endit
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
shts = InputBox("How many times", , 3) '3 is default
For i = 1 To shts
ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveSheet
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
endit:
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

This works great but want to use this macro plus number the tabs sequentially while copying the tabs without the (#) in the name. ie. tab1, tab2, tab3 or abc1 abc2 abc3 abc4 etc

Last edited by Big : April 29th 13 at 04:31 PM