Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GD GD is offline

Default Two IF's in one formula?

Hey, if I have a table of data and want to report the figure in a given cell
IF one text arrangement appears in one range of cells, AND another text
arrangement appears in another range of cells - how do we do this?

Eg - i'd want a formula covering ranges A, B, C to pull a result from C into
Z when Cat appears in A and Dog appears in B only..?

A B C.......Z - Cat & Dog
Cat Dog 21 21
Cat Pig 54 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi GD

Use If(and(A1="Cat",B1="Dog"),=C1,"") in cell Z1

where both conditions musrt be true otherwise return a blank.

Merry Xmas.

"GD" wrote:

Hey, if I have a table of data and want to report the figure in a given cell
IF one text arrangement appears in one range of cells, AND another text
arrangement appears in another range of cells - how do we do this?

Eg - i'd want a formula covering ranges A, B, C to pull a result from C into
Z when Cat appears in A and Dog appears in B only..?

A B C.......Z - Cat & Dog
Cat Dog 21 21
Cat Pig 54 0

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GD GD is offline

Actually, i've misrepresnted my needs. The below all applies, but there is no
'C1' column per-say. The result is to be displayed in another sheet, so the
formula is looking at the data in rows A and B for text arrangements, and is
then required to report the result in the same ROW but in colum C...so
there's A, B, C and the formula is in sheet2, so IF A = Dog, AND B = Cat,
then the result in C of the same row as A and Dog (the actual text
arrangements won't be identical, they are all different, so you couldn't get
two 'Cat, Dog' results)