Kim46770

Default Formula with multiple IF'S

I would like to create a formula with mutiple "if's". Here's is how I have
the formula....Please let me know the correct way to phrase it to get my
results.

=IF(S3=Bank) and (E3 or F3=L), 1,0

I want it to meet a conditions in all 3 cells in order to assign a value of
1 if it meets them. 0 if it doesn't.

Thanks!!
Peo Sjoblom

If you want all 3 cells than OR shouldn't be used

=IF(AND(S3="Bank",E3="L",F3="L"),1,0)

if you mean 2 cells use

=IF(AND(S3="Bank",OR(E3="L",F3="L")),1,0)

regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Kim46770" wrote:

I would like to create a formula with mutiple "if's". Here's is how I have
the formula....Please let me know the correct way to phrase it to get my
results.

=IF(S3=Bank) and (E3 or F3=L), 1,0

I want it to meet a conditions in all 3 cells in order to assign a value of
1 if it meets them. 0 if it doesn't.

Thanks!!

Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 17 May 2005 14:16:15 -0700, "Kim46770"
wrote:

I would like to create a formula with mutiple "if's". Here's is how I have
the formula....Please let me know the correct way to phrase it to get my
results.

=IF(S3=Bank) and (E3 or F3=L), 1,0

I want it to meet a conditions in all 3 cells in order to assign a value of
1 if it meets them. 0 if it doesn't.

Thanks!!

Your example is different from your explanation.

In your explanation, you state you want to meet a condition in all three cells.

In your example, it looks as if you want to meet a condition in S3 and then, if
that condition is met, check to see if either E3 or F3 meets a different
condition.

I assume Bank and L are text strings and not NAMEs

=(S3="Bank")*OR(E3="L",F3="L")

will give a 1 or 0 depending on the conditions in your example. (No IF
necessary).

If you want to meet conditions in all 3 cells, you will need to be more
specific.

--ron