Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup with time

I am trying to do a Vlookup using time. Whenever I reference the cell in the
formula that contains the time I want to look up, it converts the time into a
number (e.g. 8:40 a = .36111...) and will not look up properly in the array
table. I have formatted the lookup value as a time. Not sure what else to
do.
Thanks!
-CRM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're correct that a time of 8:40am equals .36111... This is how Excel
stores times (times are fractions of a day). So it won't be your problem.

The likely problem is that your lookup value is stored as text, not time.
What happens when you reformat this value as General. Do you see .36111? If
not, you've got text. To convert text to times, Text to Columns is the
easiest way.

Regards,
Fred.