Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup.... 2nd time

Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i need to
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A$6:A$51=A6)--(Sheet2!B$6:B$51=B6),Sheet2!I$6:I$51)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i need to
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the information, however if the base data in Sheet 1 changes,
meaning customer name and industry how does the formula no that it needs to
look for a different value in sheet 2?

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i need to
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I see that you've posted this a few times and you're having a hard time
understanding the replies you've recieved.

Have you actually tried any of the suggestions? Did any of the suggestions
work? If none of the suggestions worked then we are not understanding what
you want to do.

Thanks for the information, however if the base data in Sheet 1 changes,
meaning customer name and industry how does the formula no that it needs
look for a different value in sheet 2?

The formula tests the contents of the cells on sheet2 to see which, if any,
match the cells on sheet1. If you change the contents of the cells on either
sheet it will not affect how the formula works.

Biff

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Yes I accidently posted twice. Anyway, I have tried the below formula
however I get back a #value! in the cell, the formula is
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Budget!$A$12:$A$121=A6)--(Budget!$B$12:$B$121=B6),Budget!$C$12:$C$1211), have I done a typo do you think, what does #value mean?

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula that you have posted either has a typo but if it's not a typo
then I can see why you're getting an error:

All ranges must be the same size:

Budget!$A$12:$A$121
Budget!$B$12:$B$121
Budget!$C$12:$C$1211

Budget!$C$12:$C$1211 is not the same size as the other ranges. This will
cause a #VALUE! error.

Biff

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back
into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i
need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Again

Problem with the formula result, as column a has duplicate entries & b also
has duplicate entries, the result is giving me incorrect financial data as it
is adding all the duplicates up. What my data is made up of is multiple
different customers with multiple different industries, but a customer might
be in more than one industry and an industry might have more than one
customer. Therefore you see my problem, is an index/match formula an
alternative for this problem?????

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back
into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i
need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Not sure if you got to read this but, I'm having a problem with the formula
where it is adding up amounts for a customer every time the customer is
mentioned, for example Telstra occurs 3 times as it is classified under 3
different industries therefore giving back the incorrect amount.

Problem with the formula result, as column A has duplicate entries & b also
has duplicate entries, the result is giving me incorrect financial data as it
is adding all the duplicates up. What my data is made up of is multiple
different customers with multiple different industries, but a customer might
be in more than one industry and an industry might have more than one
customer. Therefore you see my problem, is an index/match formula an
alternative for this problem?????

"T. Valko" wrote:

Makes no difference.

Biff

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go back
into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report i
need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

is an index/match formula an alternative for this problem?????

Yes, but it's more complicated!

=INDEX(Budget!$C$12:$C$121,MATCH(1,(Budget!$A$12:$ A$121=A6)*(Budget!$B$12:$B$121=B6),0))

This is an array formula. Array formulas need to be entered using the key
combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER) That is, hold down both the
CTRL key and the SHIFT key then hit ENTER. If done properly Excel will
enclose the formula in squiggly brackets {....}. You can't just type these
brackets in, you *MUST* use the key combo.

Biff

"Cinny" wrote in message
Hi Helpppp!

Sheet 1 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in Column H6 to H51 I need a result based on the first two
criteria
Customer
name and industry region from Sheet 2

Sheet 2 is something like this
Colum A6 to A51 is a customer name
Column B6 to B51 is a industry region
in column I6 to I51 I have the budget figure than needs to go
back
into
sheet 1.

I can not join the two criteria because of an interactive report
need
generate later. Thanks for any help.

Cinny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Thanks that is perfect, all is right in the world now...

appreciate your help.