Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 compatability mode

how do I open a new spreadsheet that is not in compatability mode. I need to
import data that has more rows than the 65xxx allowed by earlier versions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open your workbook in Excel 2007 (compatibility mode), then use Save As to
save a copy of it in Excel 2007 format. Close the workbook. Open the new
..xlsx (or .xlsm if it has macros) file and it will have the extra rows you
need available.

If you're importing from a .csv/.txt file you may find this file handy - it
is an Excel 2003 format file that permits importing more than 64K rows of
data by importing the excess rows to additional sheets:
http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/I...sOfData_R1.xls