willem

Default solution: how to sum/add a column pasted from internet

Numbers pasted from online bank statements often have a space
character in front of the number values -- as though someone had hit
the space bar in each cell before typing the number. You have to get
rid of the spaces.

You can either manually delete each extra space at the front of the
number, or, paste the numbers into Word, and do a Find & Replace All
for the space, so that all the spaces are removed (a function I
couldn't find in Excel).

Once the spaces are gone, your problem should be solved.
willem

Thanks for the trim suggestion. I also noticed afterward that there's
an option from the site to download the data in a variety of formats.
There's no problems with spacing if done this way.