Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CDC CDC is offline

Default Display a change in value of a cell

Good Morning,

How can I display a change in value of Cell A1 in cell A2?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure what you wan to do. Pl. provide more details and examples.

"CDC" wrote:

Good Morning,

How can I display a change in value of Cell A1 in cell A2?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say we enter values in A1.
Say the first value is 10 and the next value is 7
Say we want A2 to display -3 (since we reduced A1 by 3)

Enter the following event macro in the worksheet code area:

Dim oldvalue As Variant
Set t = Target
Set a1 = Range("A1")
If Intersect(t, a1) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
With a1
Range("A2").Value = .Value - oldvalue
oldvalue = .Value
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200818