Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change a display every 60 days in a cell in excel

How can I setup a cell so that every 60 days it will change a display to
something different. I am setting up a follow up tracking system for clients
and because I can only get a list from the database that is imported to excel
I wanted to set up a formula that will flag people every 60 days. Can anyone
help. Thank you

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming it can be done, how will you flag the users?

You may have the top row shown in Red on the 1st of every even month...
using conditional formatting and =today() formula in A1

"Paul" wrote:

How can I setup a cell so that every 60 days it will change a display to
something different. I am setting up a follow up tracking system for clients
and because I can only get a list from the database that is imported to excel
I wanted to set up a formula that will flag people every 60 days. Can anyone
help. Thank you

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

We really need more detail, like 60 days from when, how long do you want the
change to apply.

However, suppose you want a cell or cells to change color every 60 days for
that one day, here is a cute formula to get you started:

1. Select the cell(s) you want to change color (you could select the entire
sheet)
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting, from the first drop down pick
Formula is, and in the next box enter the formula

=MOD(TODAY(),60)=0

3. Click the Format button and on the Patterns tab pick a color and then
click OK twice.
Once every 60 days the selected cell(s) will change color for one day. It
will always be the same color, but you can get a little fancier in 2003 and a
lot fancier in 2007.

If this helps please click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Paul" wrote:

How can I setup a cell so that every 60 days it will change a display to
something different. I am setting up a follow up tracking system for clients
and because I can only get a list from the database that is imported to excel
I wanted to set up a formula that will flag people every 60 days. Can anyone
help. Thank you

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

good morning...I was thinking i could use the conditional formatting to flag
the cell from day 50 to 60...then return to normal...the 60 day count would
start from which ever day the client entered the program. I really
appreciate your assistance.

"Paul" wrote:

How can I setup a cell so that every 60 days it will change a display to
something different. I am setting up a follow up tracking system for clients
and because I can only get a list from the database that is imported to excel
I wanted to set up a formula that will flag people every 60 days. Can anyone
help. Thank you

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

good morning Shane. The 60 day count would start from when the client enters
the program. I can setup the conditional formatting to flag for 10 days from
day 50 to 60, but i am not clear on how to do the counting end so it resets
after 60 days. at least I think thats what i need to do. Thank you for your
assistance.

Paul