Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Maximum Columns

Is it possible to extend the maximum number of columns in Excel 2003 to more
than 256?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope.

Maybe you can transpose your data or use multiple worksheets???

Or upgrade to xl2007. It has 16k columns.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If this were possible then 256 would not be the maximum
Your solution lies with Excel 2007 with 16,384 columns, or with Access 2003
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Moon Angel" <Moon wrote in message
Is it possible to extend the maximum number of columns in Excel 2003 to
more
than 256?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not an access users, but I thought it also only supported 256
columns/fields.

Maybe creating a real relational database would mean that there wouldn't be a
need for all 256 fields????