Duke

Default Problem Pasting

I have a spreadsheet that has 4 worksheets.
I can copy and paste to 3 of the sheets by using either
"Edit/Copy Edit/Paste" or the shortcuts "Ctrl C Ctrl V",
however, on one of the sheets the "Edit/Copy or Ctrl C"
does mark the data I want to copy but when I click on the
cell where I want to start pasting the data the
"Edit/Paste" is not available from the menu and Ctrl V does
absolutely nothing.

What is causing this problem ?
Kassie

Most likely your worksheet is protected? Click on Tools, and see if you see
the option Protect Worksheet, or whether you see the option Unprotect
Worksheet.
If the latter, it is protected, maybe with a password. If no password,
click on the option, and you can paste. If a password was used, you will
have to crack that first.

"Duke" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has 4 worksheets.
I can copy and paste to 3 of the sheets by using either
"Edit/Copy Edit/Paste" or the shortcuts "Ctrl C Ctrl V",
however, on one of the sheets the "Edit/Copy or Ctrl C"
does mark the data I want to copy but when I click on the
cell where I want to start pasting the data the
"Edit/Paste" is not available from the menu and Ctrl V does
absolutely nothing.

What is causing this problem ?

Duke

Yes, I do have the worksheet protected, bur removing the
protection does not solve the problem.
I have since noticed that I can paste data but ONLY thru
the use of the "Paste All" function that comes up in the
clipboard menu when I hit Ctrl C twice.

Anyone else have any suggestions ?

Duke

"Duke" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has 4 worksheets.
I can copy and paste to 3 of the sheets by using either
"Edit/Copy Edit/Paste" or the shortcuts "Ctrl C Ctrl V",
however, on one of the sheets the "Edit/Copy or Ctrl C"
does mark the data I want to copy but when I click on the
cell where I want to start pasting the data the
"Edit/Paste" is not available from the menu and Ctrl V does
absolutely nothing.

What is causing this problem ?

.

Mike R

Should read "on a separated sheet" not page!!!

"Mike R" wrote:

Duke

I had a simular occurance with a macro. I had placed a calander object on
the sheet and had a macro to show, place the date in a cell and then hide the
calander. This was the only sheet on the workbook affected because the code
was place in the sheet (select tab/view code). I had posted to find a
solution and it seem there are some configuations of code that affect the
"copy/Paste function, reason unknown. I changed my page configuation and
used a table on a seperate page, then VLOOKUP to place the data, solved my
problem.

Mike R.
HTH