Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default multiple cells in a spreadsheet

If I have 279 cells with a part number in each cell and I want to add "Part
Number:" inside each cell how do I do it?
Cell would originally be - AA55487-4

I want it to be - Part Number: AA55487-4
when I am done. Each cell has a unigue part number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you really want the cell contents to include 'Part Number: ' or just
the displayed value?

IF the latter, select your column, choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom,
and enter:

"Part Number: "@

In article ,
idaho_mountainman wrote:

If I have 279 cells with a part number in each cell and I want to add "Part
Number:" inside each cell how do I do it?
Cell would originally be - AA55487-4

I want it to be - Part Number: AA55487-4
when I am done. Each cell has a unigue part number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would insert a new column (adjacent to the original) and a formula like:

="Part Number: " & a1
And drag down as far as I needed.

--

Dave Peterson