Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trouble identifying filtered column

This may sound a little weird.

I'm using AutoFilter in Excel 2003. Some of my columns have a filter
applied. But maybe something is wrong with the color balance on my display
screen (or my eyes?), because I have trouble distinguishing between columns
with a filter applied and those with no filter. I know that the unfiltered
columns have a black down-arrow in the header row, while the filtered columns
have a blue down-arrow. But at the size they're displayed, the black and the
blue look very similar to me.

Is there any way to change the "filtered" down-arrow to another color than
blue? Or any other way to easily identify columns that have a filter applied?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot change the arrow colors but Debra Dalgleish has a downloadable
sample workbook that employs code to color the cell when a column filter is
in use.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#Filter

FL0014 - Colour Filter Headings -- Event code colours the filtered column
headings, when an AutoFilter is applied. FilterColour.zip 9 kb 15-Apr-05

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP