Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The file is corrupt and cannot be opened

I have an 2 Excel files, password protected, that will not open. After
several hours of research, it appears this has happened many times to other
people. But, I am unable to find a solution I understand.

As I understand it, this is NOT a corrupt file as stated in the error
message but has something to do with a user certificate (or something like
that).

Does anybody have an answer on how to get this file opened?

HELP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Can you give us the exact wording of the error message.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"KayCee" wrote:

I have an 2 Excel files, password protected, that will not open. After
several hours of research, it appears this has happened many times to other
people. But, I am unable to find a solution I understand.

As I understand it, this is NOT a corrupt file as stated in the error
message but has something to do with a user certificate (or something like
that).

Does anybody have an answer on how to get this file opened?

HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"The file is corrupt and cannot be opened"

That is the exact wording. I have sudo-fixed the problem. I copied the
file to my sons computer and opened it and removed the password. I am still
unable to open ANY passworded Excel file on my computer though. At least I
have my file, but I really need it to be passworded.

So, we know for sure the problem is NOT the corruption of the file, but an
issue of the authority or ability to open it.