Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink or, use what?

Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new at
hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C drive
into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click on the
link)
Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do I ensure
that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated" picture?

For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to show up
in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file via
SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.

Thanks
gatz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Insert... Picture.... From File... (Select the Jpeg you want..!)
Hope that helps.
Andrew.

"gatz" wrote in message
| Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new
at
| hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C
drive
| into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click
on the
| link)
| Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do
I ensure
| that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated"
picture?

| For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to
show up
| in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file
via
| SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.
|
| Thanks
| gatz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, fine...but how can I get the picture to update to a modified JPG without
having to re-insert the same picture file upon opening the Excel file?

"gatz" wrote in message
| Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new
at
| hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C
drive
| into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click
on the
| link)
| Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do
I ensure
| that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated"
picture?

| For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to
show up
| in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file
via
| SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.
|
| Thanks
| gatz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Have you tried insert object - create from file - select your file and tick
the link to file box. If the image is changed you will get a warning when
you open excel to update the images
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"gatz" wrote in message
| Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new
at
| hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C
drive
| into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click
on the
| link)
| Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do
I ensure
| that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated"
picture?

| For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to
show up
| in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file
via
| SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.
|
| Thanks
| gatz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tried using "insert - object - link to file - create from file" and chose a
bmp.
The bmp was inserted.
However, when I close the Excel file, change the bmp, then re-open the Excep
file, the bmp is NOT updated and no message(s) appear and I can find nothing
to check or click on to make it update to the modified bmp.

Also, I found out that a jpg wont insert....does Excel not accept jpg's in
this manner?

"gatz" wrote in message
| Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new
at
| hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C
drive
| into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click
on the
| link)
| Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do
I ensure
| that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated"
picture?

| For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to
show up
| in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file
via
| SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.
|
| Thanks
| gatz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BTW, I'm using Excel 2007
and excuse the typo on previous

"gatz" wrote in message
| Maybe I'm missing something here (and probably so, as I'm fairly new
at
| hyperlinks), but.... how do I insert a JPG picture from the Local C
drive
| into a cell, then make the picture appear (without having to click
on the
| link)
| Furthermore; if the JPG file is changed or "up-dated" later, how do
I ensure
| that the embedded picture in the Excel file shows the "up-dated"
picture?

| For instance, I have a SoldiWorks generated JPG file and want it to
show up
| in an Excel file. Later on, if I change or "update" the JPG file
via
| SolidWorks, I want the new version to show up.
|
| Thanks
| gatz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink or, uhttp://www.microsoft.com/wn3/aspx/postui.asse what?

I don't use 2007 much but you should get a secuity warning just under the
ribon saying links have been disabled and you have the option to update them.
You can also set this in the Trust Centre.

For jpeg files I think you need graphics filter - see