Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How To Percentrank by Specific Range

Hi, Not sure if i am in the right spot but i am in a real bind and hoping someone can assist.

I have a sheet containing 2 Columns of Data Column A Job Title and C is Salary.

A B
Elec $8
Plumber $12
Tech $10
Elec $76
Plumber $22
Tech $56

I can easily percentrank the total of all salaries by using the following
=percentrank(B1:B150,B1) however;

I need to percentrank the titles rather than the total of all such as percentrank of all "Tech's".

I have tried If and Sumproduct but neither provide the result.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Percentrank works on values. What exactly are you trying to do? Maybe
if you explain your goal, someone can suggest another function that
might be more suitable.

--JP