Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Auto Filter

The worksheet I am working on has over 2000 lines. I am having a problem
where the autofilter does not show all of my data. The drop down box does not
show all the different names I have in that specific column. I have tried
having them sorted in ascending order and all. The rows that contain that
information do not show on the drop down list.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jamie,
I was able to duplicate your problem on my machine.
It has to do with the fact that some excel functions don't like it if there
are blank lines.
Check your data and remove blank lines, or sort them in a way the blank
lines are at the end of your 2000 lines.
This should do the trick.

"Jamie R" wrote:

The worksheet I am working on has over 2000 lines. I am having a problem
where the autofilter does not show all of my data. The drop down box does not
show all the different names I have in that specific column. I have tried
having them sorted in ascending order and all. The rows that contain that
information do not show on the drop down list.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My understanding is that the dropdown list in autofilter is limited to 1000
records, so if you have more than 1000 different names in your list, you
can't view them all.