Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Very slow to save file

I have a workbook with 203 tabs. The first three are different type summary
sheets for the other 200. Everything was fine until I ran a macro to change
the tab names and another to update one of the summary pages to reflect the
tab changes. I deleted the two macros and their modules and then did a save
as with the updated file. Now it takes forever to save the new file. I
found a macro to clear all codes and ran that...downloaded a cleaner and ran
that, which says there are no codes to clean up, but still it takes 30
seconds or more to save the file. The old file was full of data entries and
it saved in only a second or two, and the new file actually is smaller than
the old file it replaced. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Please help me out if you can. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I understand, and it probably would help, but that still doesn't explain why
the old file, which was full, saved and still saves quickly, and the new file
with very little data in it saves like a crippled turtle...and as I said, it
actually is a smaller file than the old one.
I suppose I'm looking for an solution to the problem rather than changing
the whole system because it doesn't work like it used to. I certainly do
appreciate your respose, and if I can't get it fixed, I'll approach it as you
suggested.

Thank you very much.
"galimi" wrote:

Keeping the majority of that data (200 tabs) in a database and just the 3
aggregate pages in Excel might alleviate the slowness.
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474